The HR Generalist assists the director in the management of employee/ IC on-boarding and compliance. The HR Generalist interfaces with all staff to assist in questions or concerns regarding the on-boarding process, exit process or benefits questions. She/he assists in the evaluation and selection of benefit plans such as life, health, vision, dental, and disability insurances, workers’ compensation, retirement plans. The interpretation ofpolicies including but not limited to vacation/attendance, FMLA. Providessupport for the HR Department and plans/organizes employee activities.
Performs all tasks in a safe manner and in compliance with the Company’s safety policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Onboarding Employees/Contractors:
• Begin the onboarding process, background/MVR. Communicate with the
terminal mangers in regards to ETA, missing documents and completion.
• Ensure that all additional paperwork is received, drug test results
recorded and vehicle information is accurate and valid.
• Ensure all paperwork is correct and HR director has approved.
• Enter Employee/Contractor into Xcelerator and communicate driver number
to the terminal
2. Exit / Termination:
• Processes terminations and checks status of documents.
• Create and maintain checklist
3. Benefits/ Orientation:
• Maintains employee benefit files and other record keeping.
• Conducts benefits orientation and communication with new staff.
• Ensures elections are communicated to the Payroll Department and Carriers
for new coverage.
• Coordinates employee activities such as company picnic and other special
4. Driver files (Employee and Contractor)
• Enter all new drivers in Xcelerator
• Maintain all driver (Contractor) renewals in Xcelerator
• Maintain Active and Inactive drivers in Xcelerator
5. Drug Testing
• Back-up Administrator with drug screening
• Send each terminal updated spreadsheet to ensure all selected people are
• Assist each terminal in customer audits in a timely manner
• Assist TSA with terminal audits
• Assist in DOT audits
• Assist in Mock audits
• Maintain all HR documents in SharePoint
• Update all documents with updated when released.
8. Training (Corporate and Terminal Training)
• Train Terminal Managers to use the SCI portal
• Train Terminal Managers the on-boarding process for employees and ICs
• Train Terminal Managers on Worker’s Comp injury reporting and proper
• Assist Terminal Managers with on-boarding process and all documents
• Assist with preparing all training documents for corporate training
Learning Organization and Staff Training
1. Actively participates in internal and external training opportunities.
2. Exhibits enthusiasm for learning and personal growth.
3. Understands and can describe key components of all Hackbarth’ lines of
1. Represents Hackbarth’s Values and follows Hackbarth’s Values within
the community at all times.
1. Expert use of operating systems, office equipment (copiers, fax machines,
scanners), a personal computer and Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Explorer.
Expert level knowledge of software, including but not limited to Xcelerator
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration required. Other educational
backgrounds will be considered.
2. Minimum of four years of related training in Human Resources Management
3. Extensive knowledge of Human Resources (HRIS) and business application
4. Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with transportation management
software. Prior use of Xcelerator or similar software package is preferred.
5. Highly organized, detail oriented.
6. Access to reliable transportation. If driving an automobile while on
company business, must possess a valid driver’s license in state of residence and auto insurance.
Must be able to pass a background check, MVR and drug screen.
7. Demonstrated ability to
• Work effectively with internal and external individuals, including other
professionals in the community.
• Work effectively as a member of a team.
• Effectively communicate to various internal and external audiences in
both person and through various electronic media.
• Manage time and work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1. Frequently (50%+ of time) required to walk and talk or hear.
2. Frequently (50%+ of time) required to stand; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel object, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
3. Rare (less than 10% of time) lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Frequently (50%+ of time) Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
5. Rare (less than 10% of time) exposed to moving mechanical equipment and
fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
6. Rare (less than 10% of time) travel throughout the region and to
Hackbarth’s’ sites outside of the region occasionally.
7. Rare (less than 10% of time) weekend and/or overtime work, primarily at
start-up or when taking on new business.
Send resume and cover letter to: Beth Sayler (firstname.lastname@example.org)