Division: Sun Coast
Sales Center: Mobile
Department: Human Resources
Summary Job Statement
Ensures application of Company Policy and State and Federal Law by our supervisors/managers/department is fair and consistent. Builds relationships with all employees in order to foster a more open and communicative environment. Provides support to all employees in relation to understanding Company Policy and State and Federal Law. Manages Human Resource employees who handle hiring/employment, employee communication and general Human Resources duties by performing the following duties:
- Provides coaching and guidance to management through the lifecycle of the employee including direct assistance in the recruiting, hiring, onboarding, performance management, and termination processes while partnering with our centralized areas related to compensation, benefits, risk management, and payroll. Sets up merchandise and sales promotion displays.
- Meets with employees (exempt and non-exempt) to discuss questions or issues pertaining to Company Policy and/or State and Federal Law.
- Makes recommendations that effectively resolve problems, by using judgment consistent within standards, policies, and procedures supporting Federal, State, and local employment law.
- Coordinate training and train employees (exempt and non-exempt) in areas including employment, performance evaluation, and policy.
- Coach management in regards to employee relations and corrective action. Oversee performance evaluation process. Appraise performance.
- Make decisions and assist in resolving issues in the areas of employment, leaves of absence and employee communication.
- Respond to all legal requests. Partner with legal counsel to prepare for necessary mediations, arbitration, production of documents, etc. for court proceedings.
- Builds relationships with all employees in order to foster a more open and communicative environment, and provides support to all employees in relation to understanding Company policies.
- Investigate all complaints of harassment or anything violating Company Policy. Make recommendations on resolution.
- Organize and facilitate yearly projects including Service Awards Banquet, Employee Appreciation Day, MVRs, hearing tests, Golf and/or Fishing Tournaments, Holiday Luncheon and gift, and Wellness Fair.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, and train employees.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work of the Human Resources team.
•Must have a valid Driver’s License and good driving record to comply with CCBCU fleet policy.
•Preferred previous experience with Union Contract Negotiation and Management.
•Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or _7_ to _10_ year’s related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability
to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively
present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
•Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
•Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Additional Comments Successful candidates with our company must pass a drug screen and background check. (MVR/DOT Physical, if applicable)