Manage the upkeep of the chapter’s membership database to produce an annual membership roster. Processes all applications for membership, maintains roster, records dues payments.
Responsible to: The Members of the Chapter
The Chapter President
The Chapter Board of Directors
1. Identifies sources of new members through chapter and business contacts and other available means.
2. Receive all applications from prospective new members, prepares applications for review and presents applications to MSHRM Officers and Board members for approval.
3. Prepare and distribute new member orientation materials to each approved new member and follows up via telephone or in person to ensure receipt and review of new member orientation materials.
4. Maintains original application documents, copies of membership approval letters and other membership related documents.
5. Maintain a membership database for the entire chapter membership. Provide membership list to officers and board members on a monthly basis, via email as membership roster is updated.
6. At monthly MSHRM luncheons greet and introduce new MSHRM members.
7. Encourage membership in national SHRM so to ensure that MSHRM’s membership consists of at least 60% national SHRM members.
8. Follow up as necessary to locate missing members and with members who have not paid their annual MSHRM dues by April 1st of each year. Present to the Board of Directors a list of all members who have not paid or renewed annual dues so a follow up contact may be made to assist in maintaining as many members as possible. Remove members from the roster who have not paid dues for 1 year by April of each year.
9. Carries out these and other duties as assigned to ensure a net growth in chapter membership of no less than 10% annually.
10. Maintain all membership nametags including the ordering for new members and bring to regular monthly meetings.
11. Distributes annual dues notices, records dues payments as received, sends out late notices and informs the Board when a member will be dropped for non-payment.
12. Represent the Chapter in the Human Resources community
13. Attend all monthly membership and Board of Directors meetings.