JOB SUMMARY: The Training Manager is responsible for planning, managing, facilitating and developing all company-wide training and development programs.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Human Resources, or related field
2. Minimum of 5-8 years of experience developing and/or managing a variety of approaches to training, including instructor led and eLearning
3. 2-4 years’ experience writing training content and developing programs
4. Experience using Adobe Captivate or other similar eLearning authoring product, preferred
5. Audio and video production capabilities, preferred
6. Effective in building and maintaining strong relationships
7. Experience managing a Learning Management System; ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
8. Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
9. Excellent skills in managing multiple tasks requiring strong attention to detail
10. Results-oriented, flexible and demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
11. Knowledge of adult learning principles
12. Strong working knowledge of the banking industry
13. Computer aptitude, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs, and other database software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Partners with company leadership to clarify learning and development needs to design, administer, and deliver appropriate training programs
2. Implements new or purchased employee training and development programs and recommend possible training programs and training enhancements
3. Responsible for developing and implementing teller and platform banking training
4. Responsible for training all branch employees on processes, policies and systems
5. Schedules and tracks all training and development programs; monitors and tracks training results and effectiveness; maintains training records and develops status reports
6. Drives ongoing learning needs analysis, design, development, assessment, implementation, communication, and evaluation of training programs to ensure
alignment with business objectives
7. Designs and produces content for online, live or blended training sessions
8. Utilizes authoring tools and other creative solutions to design and develop eLearning content
9. Consults and Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify, collect and develop content for training courses
10. Responsible for being the Subject Matter Expert on consumer and business banking products
11. Responsible for training specific products and services within the bank to include product knowledge, implementation
12. Support Sales and Service development training for the retail division
13. Participates in new product development to coordinate and design training for new products
14. Manages the Learning Management System, including, but not limited to, developing and/or improving processes, uploading courses, managing users, etc.
15. Performs maintenance of course modules and manuals to include all necessary updates and communicates to staff
16. Responsible for product knowledge training within the bank and any internal updates on the products as changes occur. Communicate to staff when products
change and on new products that the Bank adds. Responsible for staying current with banking regulations
17. Creates support tools and job aides to deliver and aid in learning
18. Ensures all training materials comply with applicable bank regulations and policies
19. Works in close conjunction with Compliance to insure all compliance regulatory training needs are met
20. Responsible for coordinating all onboarding training to ensure that each new employee is appropriately trained on job functions
21. May assist with additional Human Resources projects as requested.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, this position may require the ability to lift files, bend, reach, walk or maneuver around the bank. This position may occasionally need to life up to 15 pounds.
Minimal local travel is expected for this position
First US Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the bank’s policy to grant equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran’s status and any other classifications protected by law. The bank provides equal opportunities in employment, promotion, wages, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
Apply on the Career Opportunities Page at: