Promote the local chapter and its activities to the community.
Responsible to: The Members of the Chapter
The Chapter President
The Chapter Board of Directors
- Submit press releases to local newspaper, chamber of commerce, online event directories and website service provider regarding all chapter events and other newsworthy activities.
- Promote chapter events and awards via chapter social media profiles.
- Submit press releases to website coordinator for placement on the MSHRM website.
- Review information on website regularly, ensuring that it is current and correct. Coordinate need updates with website coordinator.
- Take photos at chapter events and upload to chapter website and social media profiles.
- Submit local chapter information (officer's names, contact information, etc.) to website coordinator for updating as needed. Submit same to National SHRM for updating their records and website as needed.
- Coordinate chapter newsletter, compiling information from board members per deadlines, ensuring all content is current and approved, providing content in appropriate form to newsletter designer and proofreading prior to publication.
- Responsible for promoting the Chapter and all of its events in the Human Resources and local business community in a professional manner.
- Maintain chapter copies of all printed publicity and an active list of contacts for newspapers/TV/radio.
- Represent the Chapter in the Human Resources community
- Attend monthly membership and Board of Directors meetings.