Provides leadership to the local chapter consistent with state, area and national Society policy, strategies and objectives. The President is responsible for operating the chapter effectively to meet the needs of the chapter members. Performs other duties as required by the local chapter bylaws. Serves as a voting member of the State Council.
Responsible to: The Members of the Chapter
The State Director
1. Presides over the business sessions of the Society, the meetings of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, conducting business of the chapter in accordance with the constitution and by-laws.
2. Presents a condensed narrative report, excluding financial information, at the annual meeting.
3. Represents chapter at Alabama State Council quarterly meetings.
4. Monitors the use, accounting, and handling of the chapter funds.
5. Maintains a current, active SHRM Membership.
6. Communicates area, state, and/or national goals, policies, and programs to chapter members.
7. Completes SHRM Chapter Activity Plan at the end of his/her term.
8. Represent the Chapter in the Human Resources community