Advise the President and other Officers and Board of Directors members regarding past practices, general operations, and other matters to assist in the smooth running of the organization. Serve as the SHRM Foundation Advocate.
Responsible to: The Chapter President
The Chapter Board of Directors
The Members of the Chapter
1. Act as advisor to chapter Board of Directors regarding past practices and operations in accordance with chapter bylaws.
2. Serve as Chair of the Bylaws Committee. As chair of Bylaws Committee, review bylaws and recommend any needed changes to Board of Directors for a vote and chapter approval.
3. As SHRM Foundation CLA Director, strive to educate, promote and represent the interests of the SHRM Foundation and its activities to the Chapter.
4. Serve as Chair of the Nominating Committee. As chair of Nominating Committee, develop a slate of qualified candidates for open Board of Directors positions in accordance with the bylaws. Communicate the open positions to the membership for a vote.
5. Accumulate information all year about the chapter and compile it for the Chapter Achievement Plan submitted to SHRM by January 31 each year.
6. Participate in the development and implementation of short/long term strategy planning for the chapter.
7. Represent the Chapter in the Human Resources community.
8. Attend all monthly membership and Board of Directors meetings.