We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs. This position plans, directs, and coordinates human resource management activities to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance. The HR Manager consults with top executives on strategic planning, and serves as a link between an organization’s management and its employees. The ideal candidate is an organized, analytical, problem-solver with the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks to ensure that daily HR operations are running effectively and efficiently.
• Directly supervises all salaried personnel assigned to HR Department. Indirectly supervises HR personnel assigned to other HR positions at different company locations.
• Provides evaluations, merit reviews and disciplinary write-ups for salaried personnel assigned to department.
• Oversees and makes recommendations on employee recruitment, hiring, terminations, transfers, training and promotions.
• Conducts strategic planning on HR issues.
• Overall responsibility for department planning, management, and reporting processes.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of compensation administration and other benefit programs.
• Responsible for company HR policies, communications, and employee relations.
• Provides international HR services and immigration services.
• Helps develop and conduct new hire orientation program.
• Has oversight responsibility for company training and safety programs.
• Acts as consultant to management on matters of legal or regulatory compliance for HR, safety or training matters.
• Maintains salaried personnel records and administers the salaried payroll system. Has general oversight of hourly records and payroll system.
• Acts as the lead representative for all workers compensation claims that involve legal hearings or settlements.
• Acts as the company’s point of contact for community affairs activities.
• Conducts sensitive investigations (e.g. EEOC, and harassment) and makes independent recommendations for resolution of issues.
• Works in conjunction with CFO to prepare monthly and quarterly profit sharing reports.
• Is responsible for joint venture HR, Safety and Training related issues and the coordination of these issues with joint venture partners.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have thorough understanding of Federal, multi-state and Mexican labor laws • Exposure to immigration and international HR issues desired • Strong leadership skills • Ability to work in a team based organization • Good understanding of our business goals and objectives with the ability to make sound decisions based on business conditions • Ability to multi-task several projects at the same time • Proficient PC and Microsoft Office skills - MP2, Excel, Word, E-mail and Oracle • Detailed oriented • Strong analytical skills • Excellent listening and verbal, written, and interpersonal skills • Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization
• Must have Bachelor's degree in related field of study, Master's degree preferred • Prefer PHR or SPHR certification desired and some international HR experience • Have 6-10 years of HR related experience in a high volume manufacturing setting • Have 3-5 years of supervisor experience
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.