Human Resource Generalist
Job Summary Performs human resources-related duties at a professional level and works closely with the Director of HR in supporting all functional areas including employee relations, training, performance management, compensation, policy implementation and compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years of related experience required. A degree in HRM or related field is preferred.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification is preferred.
- Overnight travel required up to 30% of time.
- Must maintain a valid Drivers License and Motor Vehicle Insurance.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds, push and pull 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and read English.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communications, writing, and editing skills, with the ability to comprehend, interpret, and relay technical and procedural information with accuracy and clarity.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize work and work independently in a fast-paced environment with pressures of deadlines.
- Proven skills in negotiating and problem solving.
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point. Ability to use excel for creation and maintaining of spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated skills in all HR functions and strategy.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs. Knowledge of organizational development theory and practices.
- Ability to interact with, support and build relationships with all levels of management.
- Partners with associates and management to communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Works closely with Director of HR to maintain compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Assists with development of progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an associate and company partnership for the health and welfare protection of the associates.
- Conducts Exit Interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Manages the Company’s annual GM/DOS/Associate Opinion Surveys.
- Completes and files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Manages Company’s HR Hotline and assists in answering, investigating and resolving employee relations issues reported by associates.
- Assists in compiling and evaluating reports, decisions and results of the HR department in relation to established departmental and company goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assists other areas within the HR department as necessary to include staffing, safety/risk management and benefits as necessary.
- Performs all other HR projects and duties as assigned.WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Priorities and workloads are subject to change requiring flexibility and the acceptance of non-routine assignments.
- Standard workdays are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am through 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
- Director of Human Resources
Please follow the link below to apply: