Ready to Get Certified?
Mobile SHRM will offer a SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preparation class in conjunction with MTI Business Solutions one time per year. The next session is slated for January of 2018. Please contact Mary White, SHRM-SCP, SPHR at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Classes will meet 12 Monday evenings from 5:30 - 9 pm, January 29 - May 21 (with breaks for Mardi Gras, Mobile & Baldwin County public school spring breaks & prior instructor commitments). Meeting dates are listed below.
- Classes will meet at the MTI Business Solutions Training Center (1110 Montlimar Drive, Suite 570) in Mobile.
- The cost for the 2018 class is $945. This includes the SHRM Learning System (books and online access for 18 months) and the live, instructor-led class.
- An 3% processing fee applies for credit card payments.
- The exam fee is not included in the class. See Exam Windows and Fees for test prices and dates.
- Not sure if you are eligible for the exam? Review Eligibility Criteria for details.
- Mary Gormandy White, M.A., SPHR, SHRM-SCP is scheduled to be the instructor for the class.
- Enrollment will be limited to 15 participants on a space-available basis (first-come, first-served). Payment must be received to reserve seat.
- Attendees must register online. The online registration link will be available soon.
- The registration deadline is January 10 (unless the class fills earlier).
2018 certification prep class meeting dates:
- January 29
- February 5
- February 19
- February 26
- March 12
- March 19
- April 16
- April 23
- April 30
- May 7
- May 14
- May 21
Note: Mobile SHRM does not offer a PHR/SPHR certification prep course at this time.
Earning Recertification Credits
Whether you hold an HRCI (PHR or SPHR) or SHRM (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) certification, you'll need to earn 60 recertification credits each year.
The Gulf Coast Human Resource Conference: Is fall the best time for you to get your recertification credit? Don't forget about the Gulf Coast Human Resources Conference held by Mobile SHRM in Mobile every November. It's an affordable way to earn credits in your own backyard while networking with other chapter members.
Find Local Continuing Education Opportunities: Want to know what events are available for credit? The Human Resources Certification Institute and SHRM Certification websites both include a searchable directory of pre-approved programs, including options available in the local area. Search via the following links:
Mobile SHRM Chapter Meetings: Most MSHRM chapter meetings are approved for HRCI and SHRM recertification credit. Information about approvals are added to the website as they become available.
Free Webcasts: HR.com is a great resource for free webcasts that are preapproved for HRCI credits.
SHRM Conferences: SHRM national offers a variety of conferences throughout the year, each of which offers professional development credits (PDS) for SHRM-CP/SCP certification. You can also see a list of events hosted by other chapters and state councils in Alabama and along the Gulf Coast on the Mobile SHRM website.